Thursday, July 30, 2009

Life With a Newborn...


Lucy is officially 10 days old now.  Having a newborn definitely comes with its ups and downs.  For the most part I've done pretty well, but I've had my baby bluesy moments too.  Lucy is so darn cute, and we're having so much fun discovering the little things about her.  It's nice that neither Jordan nor I are working right now, so we're actually doing all right sleepwise.  Jordan does have early class Monday-Wednesday-Friday, so he usually comes home and takes a nap.  For being as small as she is, Lucy is doing amazingly well.  We have had some problems getting her to nurse, because she won't latch on if her stomach is hurting her.  Sometimes it takes us 30-40 minutes just to get her to latch on.  Once she does, she actually nurses really well.   
Napping with Daddy.
Lucy's fluffy hair right after her bath.  Her hair sticks straight up.
One proud mama.
Look how skinny yet long her legs are!

I added this picture to give a little perspective.  This is Lucy next to her seven-month-old cousin Abbi.  Abbi was also three weeks early and is small for her age.  Too funny.

18 comments:

Steve and Kalli said...

I'm already in love with this little girl. She is so beautiful! One more month and I'll get to meet her! I'm glad you guys are doing well. I still can't believe you're parents though... crazy!

Mike and Erin Hale said...

OMG!!! She is so dang cute! I LOVE her fluffy hair. It's like a baby duckling. That picture of Lucy with you Laura is so cute. Love you guys.

jakenapril said...

love her fluffy hair! so darling. how nice that you're both off work and able to enjoy her...and sleep! i have a few pics of kenna chillin' with dad just like lucy and jordan. 'ecious!

Nicole Lawrence said...

Holy hair. you make beautiful babies, kudos! :-)

Julia M. said...

Can I please hold her and give her a big kiss? What about next week sometime? I'll have to call you. I can't get enough of her! I'm glad you're doing okay. All that work for nursing will pay off. I'm just sure of it! You can do it!

Jen said...

She is so cute! I love the fluffy hair. She already looks different too! I honestly am dying to see her...gosh...freaking get me home!

M2QC said...

She is so beautiful! But no surprise there, so are you! Can't wait to come see you all! Mary

Natalie said...

I absolutely love the first picture, she looks like a doll! What a beautiful girl she will become. Oh and Laura--I need to call you, Josh and I will be in Salt Lake in 3 weeks and want to come see you and lovely lucy.

Chad said...

That's the cutest hair I've ever seen! What a tiny little angel. Emma's legs looked long and skinny like that, too. They still do.

Love Family said...

She is so adorable! I love the hair. Hope everything is going well.

Hale-O There said...

She does look pretty peuny next to Abbie. I love the pic with the fluffy hair, we'll probably come over soon so I can hold her again.
Lar you look fabulous for just having a baby! love ya-

The Littlest Moons said...

She seriously is such a beautiful baby!! I am glad you are holding up so well. What a fun adventure. That is so great that Jordan can be around and enjoy every baby discovery with you! I would love to come and see her sometime! Maybe soon, Jude and I can be a little overwhelming. Again, congrats.

Jen Herem said...

congratulations guys! she is beautiful. so glad everything went okay.. love her name!!

Brooke said...

Look at that hair! Oh I love it! Congrats on the new arrival! And I thought ours was little!

Meags said...

ah ... she is such a DOLL! love love love the HAIR! keep the pics coming! hope you all are doing great!

Brandi said...

Laura... CONGRATS!! Your baby is adorable. I can't believe how much hair she has!!

patti said...

Hey Laura, Send me what you'd like Lucy's announcement to say (the wording and all her stats). The pictures are really sweet!

markholli said...

Lucy has more hair than I do. Also, her hair has more body than mine. How does she do it?