Thursday, July 16, 2009
Fairly Good News..
So, I went to the doctor again today and got mixed news. He did a four-part biophysical profile during the ultrasound that consisted of looking at 1-her overall movement 2-the amount of amniotic fluid 3-her breathing movement and 4-her muscle tone (determined by whether she had her fists balled and by her face). The biophysical profile looked good. All of her movements looked good, she had good muscle tone, and the amount of amniotic fluid had not dropped (though it's still low). My doctor said that if any of those things had looked bad that he would have rushed me to the hospital today to be induced. He also told me that he always has one or two patients that really concern him, and that I am currently one of those patients. Based on what he saw today, he sent me home to monitor the baby's kicks and to continue on bedrest. I have another appointment on Monday at which time we are going to determine the "exit strategy". Apparently, the goal is to get to 37 weeks (next Tuesday). It's almost certain that I will be induced next week, so Jordan went to the store today to buy some preemie onesies and diapers. She's also still breech, so we will discuss options next Monday. I'm pretty much planning on getting a c-section at this point. While I'm not thrilled about this, I will do anything at this point to help this baby out. I'm still nervous about the whole thing, but I feel very confident in my doctor right now. I also know there are a lot of people praying for this little baby which is comforting. Keep the prayers coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Fewzers. Laur, you have given your all for this baby, and I really admire you. I'm glad there was good news. I hope everything continues to go well!
I hope all goes well. Sounds like your doctor is on top of things and that you trust him which is so nice and relieving. He will make the right call. Good luck with it all, enjoy your beautiful baby girl. We'll continue to pray for her safe arrival and for a safe delivery.
It sounds like you have a great doctor! Which is always very reassuring. We are praying for you guys, and wish you all the best luck. It sounds like you have a really good attitude and handling it all the best you can. I am really excited to get to see the baby in a couple weeks when I am in Utah. We love you guys!
Hey I just wanted to say that we are definitely praying for you and that we hope everything goes well. You are lucky to have such an attentive dr. Of course I want the little wee one to hold out until I get back but somehow I am sure she will come whenever she needs to. Good luck and please tell Jordan to text me when you guys are in the hospital!
Good luck with everything! Hope it all goes well.
Laura dear I can't believe that you are going to have a beautiful baby girl in your arms in just a week! I hope all goes well and JOsh and I will continue to keep you and Jordan in our prayers.
Laura, everything is going to turn out great! I got a c-section and I can honestly say that it was the best decision I made for me and my baby! You get to know exactly what time your baby arrives and you feel pretty good afterward....I healed really well and quickly. I would recommend a c-section to anyone!! I am so excited for you! Don't be sad that you are going to have one--things will turn out just great! Post pictures of that cute baby as soon as you can! I can't wait to see her! :) If you have questions about the c-sections I would love to help answer, if I know the answer...that is.
Post a Comment