Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back From McCall...

We're back! We just returned from Lucy's first vacation. We went to McCall for the annual week-long Summer camping trip with the Walkers and several other families. Jordan and I spent all day with everyone at the campground and on the lake, then we headed back to the condo to sleep each night. It was an ideal setup. Little Lucy was an excellent traveler. The drive turned out to be nine hours long, because we had to stop and feed Lucy every three hours. It was amazing how much she grew this past week. I'm guessing she is over 6 pounds now. She has some chunk to her face and legs. She also finally figured the whole nursing thing out last week. It took us until she was a month old, but we finally figured it out!! I think Lucy was just too little, and that nursing was hard and tiring for her. It's so nice that she doesn't struggle to latch on anymore. Hallelujah! She has definitely been tiring us out though. While she's not a fussy baby, she is very noisy. She is constantly grunting, squealing, squaking, and squeaking. In order to get decent sleep, Jordan and I take shifts sleeping outside on the couch with her. I must say that weeks 3-4 were a lot harder than weeks 1-2. I feel like I'm finally starting to get into a routine though. I'm starting to know what certain cries mean, and how to take care of Lucy. I can't believe she is five weeks old. Part of me is loving all the changes that she's going through, and the other part of me is sad that she is growing up so fast. Sigh.


Look how skinny her little legs are. This was taken one week ago.
Lucy's first dress. It didn't exactly fit her.
Looking perplexed.
Lucy didn't love her first bath. She loves her baths now.
She always has to have her hands by her face. She gets mad when we swaddle her.
Kissing daddy.
Look at her double chin!

Can you see that she has some fat on her arms now?
Lucy in her camping long-johns.
Grandma with Abbi and Lucy
The Walker sibs.
Family picture. Mustache man strikes again.

17 comments:

Annie Hale said...

I can't believe the difference in Lucy's pictures from 10 days ago compared to the little double chin picture! Holy cow! Holy Jersey Cow! What are you feeding that child? Loved your post! Love you. Mom

Sandra and Brent said...

Darn it . . . I didn't notice that Annie was signed in . . . anyone the comment is MINE. Mom

patti said...

Are you kidding me?! I can hardly stand looking at pictures of your Lucy....SO STINKING CUTE!!! I'm just amazed by her. That's first picture just just made my day.

What do you want her announcement to say? (the wording, and all her stats)

M2QC said...

Lucy IS growing fast! Good job, Mommy! And Laura, you are looking radiant and beautiful as well! Looks like a fun trip!

patti said...

What time was Lucy born?

patti said...

I just re-read my first comment.

"That's first picture just just made my day"

Seriously? I really need to proof read.

Julia M. said...

She is SO beautiful! Can I come see her this week sometime? That would make me really happy. :)

I'm glad you had fun in McCall and you're getting nursing figured out. You're my hero!

Loni and Tyler said...

What's with men and their stashes? Ty had one last night and it was major disgusting. I might post about it! Lucy is darling!

Meags said...

you're alive! i was starting to wonder where you were! i needed to see updated pics of little lucy! she is SO cute! i really need to come see her! ... maybe when jen gets home we will come up together!?
looks like you all had fun on your vaca! love the pics! i am glad you are getting into "the groove" of things ... don't you just love being a mom!? ... it's the BEST!

patti said...

I sent you an email....do you still use laurawalker5@gmail.com?

Danny and Shalayne said...

She is adorable! And such a little one...so cute!

Janel said...

I am sooo glad I was able to see you guys, and meet little Lucy. At the rate she is growing by the time I see her next she is going to be HUGE! I am glad you got nursing down. That's probably a huge relief to you. Keep the pictures comin'! Love ya girl!

Haley Hale said...

What a sweetheart! I am just going nuts here, wanting to hold her and knowing I can't! I am so glad she is growing and nursing well and that you are settling into a routine. That really makes such a huge difference. I am hoping to hold her at Christmas, if you guys will be around. Love to you all!

Tierra said...

Laura she is so cute! So so tiny--hard to believe she has everything she needs in that little body of hers!

Rachel said...

I am so glad Lucy and Laura (and Jordan)are doing so well! You have such a beauitful fam! Lucy is really beautiful! I hope parenthood is going well! -Rachel A. (Hiller)

Hale-O There said...

She seems to love doing froggy legs. She is really starting to look different, even cuter!!!

Hale-O There said...

...i didn't think it was possible, she was so perfect when she was born.