Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm Back!

So, it's been awhile. I have not given up on blogging. I have just been enjoying the holidays with the people I love most. For the second time this year, my entire family came into town. Steve and Kalli flew in from Boston, and Mike and Erin and the kids flew in from Minnesota. I had two weeks off from work (the joys of working in public schools), and Jordan had a month-long break from school. The weeks were filled with card games, skiing, hot-tubbing, go-carts, movies, talking, and LOTS of food. Skiing, you might say? Yes, skiing. I have made the switch from snowboarding back to skiing. I have been very resistant to return to my skiing roots. However, my 80-year-old back will no longer allow me to spend the day snowboarding. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly skiing came back to me though. Can you believe that it is 2010? I would have to say that 2009 was probably the most difficult year of my life. However, it was amazing in so many ways. Watching Lucy grow has been so fun and rewarding. I just love my girl. In case you haven't already figured it out, I am a picture fiend. I LOVE taking pictures. Hence the reason I have posted about 25 of them. Enjoy.

Uncle Jordan sledding with Abbie and Landon

Uncle Steve holding Lucy for the first time.

Landon, Erin, Abbie and Steve

My parents left for a three-week long trip to Australia and New Zealand the day after Thanksgiving. Erin and I took the grandkids to greet them at the airport when they came home. They even made a sign saying, "Welcome Home Grandma and Papa."

Too cute not to post.

Lucy before her bath with Noah.

Cousin bath time! They didn't seem all that interested in each other. Lucy did enjoy sucking on the washcloth though.

Uncle Kyle holding Lucy and Foster while Abbi played at his feet.

Crazy hair girl.

Looking at the lights on Temple Square with the Walkers and the Bairs

Lucy was less than pleased about wearing that beanie.

Dinner at the Mandarin. Kalli, Steve, Mike, Erin, me and Jordan

The three of us.

All the grandkiddies in their Christmas pjs.

Kyle, Emma, Jessica and Abbi on Christmas morning.

Spoiled Annie who is soon to depart for Omaha.

Scott, Rach and Kalli on Christmas morning.

Mike, Abbie, Landon and Erin on Christmas morning.

My mom and dad.

Jordan wielding his new ping-pong paddle. Thanks Jake!

The best Christmas present yet.

Santa's Little Helper.

One cute baby.

7 comments:

Camie said...

What a fun Christmas! It's hard to go back to work! :) Lucy is such a little cutie!

Heather Williams said...

Laura, can I just tell you how much I LOVE looking at your blog. Just so you know, I have your name linked on my blog...so i know when you update. Hope you don't mind:) So it looks like it was a party once again with the Hale family. I love your family...such a great clan they are! I love Lucy's piggy's and that face makes you melt. What a nice long vaca you had. Good to know your holidays were smashing!

heath

Julia M. said...

Your Lucy is SO stinking cute! I was thinking 2009 was quite a ride, too. I'm glad you had such a fun holiday. Public schools are the way to go!

patti said...

Love Lucy's little baby legs in that last shot, so cute. i can't believe she's kept all her hair! My Jane is still bald as they come...we're hoping she gets a little by kindergarten :) It's good to see your family all together. Sometimes I forget all you guys are related :)

Hale-O There said...

I can't get over LUCY!!! I love the crazy hair picture, what a babe! The holidays were a blast.

Haley Hale said...

That baby Lucy is such a cute little thing! She is absolutely adorable! Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas. We miss you lots!

jakenapril said...

oh, i so know the feeling of being behind in blogging. i applaud your efforts...and i loooove all the pictures! especially those of little miss lucy. the crazy hair is my fave. too cute indeed! and i'm guessing that we may be needing to get our husbands together for some ping-ping paddling fun. well, that and some delicious dinner as well. give us a call! :) oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!