Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Bit Sad..

My sister, Annie, left for her mission today. I'm pretty sad. Eighteen months seems like an awful long time.

6 comments:

andrea said...

What you need is a good piece of chocolate cake, or a trip to the local Dairy Queen. A King Size Blizzard should do the trick. Don't worry, she's going to have the time of her life! It will go by fast. You can always call this Andrea to come over and play.
Love you!

Chelsea said...

Laura, I know how you feel! Elise has been gone for almost a year now. Sometimes it feels like it goes by fast, and sometimes like it goes by slow, but at least it is going by :) She will love it and it will be so fun to hear how happy she is each week.

The Shupes said...

She is such a cute girl. 18 months does seem like a long time. But it goes by fast. My little brother gets back in like 6 weeks and I am so excited, what a blessing it is for them to serve!! I haven't done a sister though!! I will see you tonight!

Julia M. said...

Did you drop her off at the MTC? I understand it's curbside service only now. 18 months is a long time. Heck, you'll have a 2 year old then! :) But she'll come back and you'll forget she was ever gone.

Meags said...

i am sorry laura! i will probably freak out if jaclyn ever goes ... but i am sure it will go by FAST! some days with jord's little brother seems like he wasn't even gone for 2 years ...
even though i don't know annie that well i know she is going to be such a great missionary!
we just need to start getting together more often so you don't think about it too much:) plus, i need to see lucy! she is so CUTE! i love all of your pictures in your last post.
miss you!

Hale-O There said...

I'm sorry Lar, I figured you must be pretty sad losing your only sis for so long. Love ya