-The first time I've called in sick since working for Davis School District. Lucy and I both came down with nasty colds. Blah.
-The first time I've attended a missionary farewell for a sister. Not just any sister....MY sister. Annie spoke last Sunday about hope and had me all teary. Darn her. We had almost 150 people over to the house after. I guess people like her. She leaves on the 20th and I'm dreading the day.
-The first time Lucy rolled from her stomach to her back! She HATES to be on her stomach, so we didn't practice very often. Finally one day, Scott was practicing with her and she flipped over. It's kind of funny, but before I had Lucy all this baby stuff wasn't very interesting to me. When people said, "my baby rolled over!" I was like, "so what?" I get it now. It's exciting to see your baby achieve milestones.
-The first time Lucy tried solid foods! She made a bit of a mess, but she sure loves rice cereal (and peas)! It's so funny to see her sitting in her Bumbo chirping like a bird for more food.
7 comments:
Annie's so wonderful! How's your Mom doing? :) You poor girls are going to miss her.
Lucy is insanely adorable....sitting in her Bumbo "chirping like a bird for more food". I like that...perfectly said.
Freaking Lucy is so cute! And good luck sending Annie away. I cried for days when my favorite sister went on her mission. But they do come home!
What a fun post, Laura. I guess I hadn't really thought about how Annie's leaving would be hard for you. I guess we're just all going to miss her. The pictures in this post of Lucy are particularly cute. I love watching her "chirp" (more like squeel) for her food. Mom
I still can't get over how cute your Lucy is. She is just perfect! I loved getting to see you and by the way thanks for the picture. Annie is going to make one awesome missionary. Give her a big hug for me! Love ya!
cute babe. fun to see you guys this weekend. should happen more often.
oh my gosh. I seriously want to see your baby! She is so adorable and getting big way too fast. I am glad you finally know how exciting the little things with kids can be. It really is so fun. I still remember when Kaysia first rolled over I screamed with delight and ran to get the camera and then made her do it again! Hope saying goodbye to Annie is not too hard. Tell her I love her and wish her luck! She is going to be amazing!
I have yet to see her actually eating solids, but I'm really stoked for her to taste so many "firsts" especially citrus fruits!
Post a Comment