Kelly (teacher from work): So when do you find out what you're having?
Laura: Not until the 25th of March, but I'm DYING to know.
Kelly: How far along are you?
Laura: Sixteen weeks.
Kelly: Why don't you go to Fetal Foto?
Laura: Yeah right, that's so expensive!
Kelly: It's like 60 bucks.
Laura: What?? Only 60 bucks??
Approximately 4:00 PM:
Ukrainian OB: No third leg. It's a girl.
Laura: That can't be right. Can you check again? I'm SURE that I'm having a boy.
Ukrainian OB: This is the money shot. It's definitely a girl.
Laura and Jordan: No way.
Is it pathetic that I couldn't wait another four weeks to find out what I'm having? Patience never was my strong suit. I'm so glad to be able to refer to this baby as "she" instead of "it". Now I feel like I have a human baby inside me as opposed to an alien fetus. I cannot tell you how shocked I was to realize I was having a girl. Everyone (including myself) has been referring to this baby as a boy, so hopefully she doesn't have a complex. While it took about 15 minutes for the news to sink in, I can honestly say that I'm not disappointed. Especially not after walking into Gymboree and seeing all the cute girl stuff!!! Jordan is so excited to be having a little girl too. Here is the latest belly shot. There is definitely progress.
Could you all be brutally honest with me and tell me whether it's normal to show so much at sixteen weeks? I just don't know what to expect. If I'm already popping out so much, does this mean I will be HUGE come August??
So, I had to include this last picture. Tonight, Jordan and I decided we wanted a nice houseplant, so we headed down to the nearest garden center. We ended buying this huge Bird of Paradise plant. We're pretty excited about our tropical addition.
12 comments:
I am so incredibly excited for you! And you look amazing! You are only showing because you are so tiny the kid is squished and needs somewhere to go! I am slowly starting to picture your little lorhaydan! And she is going to be absolutely beautiful just like her momma! Girls are honestly the best especially when they start to act and look just like you! You can't help but be proud of the mini me you have created! Ahhhh.... I am so happy for you!
We called Haley "Deiter" for the first 20 weeks because I was SURE I was having a boy and we were joking about German names to go with Hoffmann. We were pretty surprised to find out we were having a girl! Oh, and your belly only shows that much because you were T-I-N-Y to begin with, so ya, it's normal. And I love the plant.
Wow. Definitely not normal. I didn't even recognize you.
No, you look totally great. :)
Congratulations on the plant. That is soooo exciting!!! Oh, and the baby thing, too.
Laura is having a girl!!! Yay. I am so excited for you guys. Josh and I will probably be in Utah this summer, I can't wait to see you and your cute little belly!
And I love the houseplant...
PS: explain this fetal foto thing to me....I have never heard of this!
Hi Laura-it's Kinsey Kelley Love. I just have to comment, because I had the same problem when I was pregnant. When you only have one inch of torso, the poor little things have no where to go but out. I showed a ton really early too, so don't sweat it. You actually look adorable, and I don't think you are showing much at all. Congrats on the little girl! I have to agree with Jen that little girls are the best.
Cute cute belly! Pretty sure you are still tiny... I wouldn't be worried!
I think you look awesome. But, in 24 weeks, there's only on way to go--straight out! I'm so glad you're having a girl. She's going to be perfect!
She looks like she's really high...that's exactly how I carry my babies (It's that short torso we've got going on). Are you having any trouble breathing!?!? You look adorable...
Sunday conversation 3/8 at 10:42
Erin: I'll bet their baby smells funny.
Mike: What are you talking about, they'll have the 4th cutest baby ever.
Erin: She may be cute, but she'll probably get her odor genes from Jordan.
Mike: He does smell bad. But Laura smells OK. I think their baby girl will be just the most cute, delightful little thing ever.
Erin: I don't disagree, but she will smell funny.
LAURA! I don't check your blog for a week and you spill the news! Congratulations! (And you asked if it is normal to be showing that much at 16 weeks- are you sure there aren't two in there? I'm just sayin'...)
Laura, I am so excited for you! The whole conversation thing is funny.. i was getting a kick out of it! I can totally picture you having that conversation for some reason... anyway... congrates! Girl stuff is so much cuter to look at than boy stuff... i am kind of jealous! :)
so excited for you guys! she's going to be beautiful, im sure!
p.s. im adding you to my blog list so i dont have to keep "searching" to find this!
Post a Comment