For as long as I can remember I have vehemently proclaimed that I am not "crafty". To me crafts were things my mom made in relief society such as those lame potpourri dolls with dangling legs, or ugly dried flower wreaths. Since owning my own home, my view on "crafting" has changed. I now see crafting as an opportunity to make beautiful things for my home at a much lower cost. I was ecstatic when I received this sewing machine from my mother-in-law for Christmas.
It has stayed in the box due to the chaos of the move. The other day I opened it up and started pulling all the various parts and accessories out of the box. I realized I was WAY out of my league considering I had no idea what ANYTHING was. Overwhelmed, I stuffed everything back in the box for another day. Haley, my cousin's wife who I live close to, got wind of this and invited me over for a little tutorial. She showed me how to turn on the machine, thread a bobbin, change the stitches, etc. Armed with this knowledge I was ready to take on my first sewing project. I had to go to JoAnn's to pick up a few necessary items, and then it was go time.
I decided to make burpcloths out of cloth diapers for my cousin and his wife who just had a baby girl. I was given several of these when Lucy was born and LOVED them. My first attempt wasn't very pretty, but I definitely got better as I went. What do you think?
I've caught the bug. Onto the next project!
8 comments:
Good for you Laura! They look great and even if they didn't, they're for catching baby throw-up! I'm proud of you.
Those are dang cute! I remember you telling me how much you love those. Way to go, your going to be a pro sewer in no time.
Oh yes, come to MI anytime...I would LOVE that!
hahah. I did the same thing with mine when I pulled it out. There are so many feet! but after a few hours of thumbing through the instruction manuel I've had a ton of fun messing around on mine.
Nice job! I think you are a very crafty girl. It's so much fun to work on craft/ sewing projects!
I don't want to say it, but
I KNEW IT!!!!
I knew you would love crafting and be good at it;)
i'm proud to call you mine!! look at you whipping up stuff on YOUR sewing machine!!!! i love it. can't wait to craft with you :)
So happy you've caught the crafting bug! They look great!
THank you so so so much for those burp cloths! Maddie spits up all the time and these have saved us! Best cousin in law ever
Post a Comment