Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Office Transformation...

Last weekend Jordan and I decided to tackle the last room upstairs that needed significant work.

The office.

Here is what we started with...

As we peeled back the car wall paper border we were horrified to find that there was another border underneath. The flower border was cemented to the wall and had a layer of paint covering the bottom half of it.


Several hours of peeling, taping, and painting later and................
....Voila! What do you think of the "retro avocado" green?
That same day, Jordan found this desk and chair on Craig's List for $50. The vinyl on the chair was peeling off so we recovered it. I daresay that the upstairs is finished!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! now for curtains.... :)

Meags said...

whoa! way to go! looks like a lot of work but so worth it. LOVE the retro avocado green!

Janel said...

Oh Laura, I can't beieve that awful flower wall paper underneath the cars...I bet you were shocked! Girl you are a workin' machine, I love it!
Way to go on the green, it's perfect for a office. I need to call you, now were on the same time zone:). Love ya!

Hale-O There said...

I'm back... and the office is hot! Way to go!