I have had some requests to post pictures of our new house. However, I wanted to wait until I felt like the house looked more finished. I finally feel like the house is "put together" enough to show. Enjoy your tour. Here is the front of the house. Jordan, my mom and I put in several hours to rake up the leaves in the front yard. Fifteen LARGE bags of leaves later, and we are now ready to tackle the back yard.
These are our neighbors across the street. They are a cute little couple in their eighties named Frank and Dot. Dot came over not long after we moved in with a pound cake to welcome us to the neighborhood. She has the most darling Southern accent.
Jordan risked his very life hanging this mirror for me on Sunday night.
I found this little treasure in Sanoia. It is hanging in our entryway.
This is the view when you walk in the front door.
The kitchen. The previous owners did a fantasic job of the kitchen. I have seen before and after pictures and I'm so glad that they put the time into updating the kitchen.
Dining area.
This is the picture of the master bedroom that the previous owners posted. It took me several hours on a step ladder, but I finally managed to tear down the wall paper.
The finished product. We painted the walls a light grey. The bedspread looks very pink, but it's actually coral.
The guest bathroom. I forgot to take a picture of the master bathroom. It's not much to write home about. However, it does have a toilet, sink and shower so I shouldn't complain.
This is the corner bedroom that we plan to turn into an office. One of these days I'll take down the wall paper border in here too. I haven't decided what color to paint this room yet. Any ideas?
This is a picture of Lucy's room before we moved in.
We repainted it in a lovely shade of "Poetic Princess". She is completely in love with her pink room.
I LOVE these shelves!
Now we'll head downstairs. This is the guest room in the basement. Feel free to come occupy it.
This is the great room when you turn right at the bottom of the stairs. For now it will remain empty.
If you turn left at the bottom of the stairs you will see Lucy's playroom, or as she calls it, her "playground."
The laundry room comes off Lucy's playroom. Considering I will be spending a good amount of time in here, my mom and I decided to cheer the place up.
If we were going for bright, we got it.
My mom found this antique washboard in Sanoia, and these cute vintage signs online. I have one more sign coming.
This is our screened in porch off the kitchen. I love this red swing.
There you have it. Come visit!
9 comments:
I love it! It looks super homey. I cant wait to see it in real life. I sure do miss you guys!
Hey your house looks adorable! can't wait to come visit this summer! Hope you are doing well with adjusting to life as a single mom since it is after all the "busy" season! Bahaha like there is such a thing with PWC. Every season is ridiculous with them! Call me though. I really want to talk and get an update of how things are going!
Super cute! What a nice first home!
Laura, your new place looks fantastic! I am so excited what the next few years bring your little family - what a fun adventure!!
It was so fun to see your house, it's such a beautiful home! Wow...you guys have been busy! I am way impressed how fast you got every thing in order. I love the way you decorated!
#1. grey and coral and black. beautiful. i still can't get over that bedspread.
#2. your temple picture looks GREAT.
#3. perfect place for your clock. i love it.
#4. the front room looks huge!! and i love the cube bookshelf. super classy
#5. i'm glad gordo didn't die hanging that mirror
#6. i need to go to that antique town.
#7. i need to start shopping for flights :)
Love it! Will you come decorate my house?
Laura, your house is so cute! I ran into your parents the other day at plates and palates- wish you would have been there with them! Hope all is well! love ya!
Jealous is lame and a waste of everyone's time, but today I am being lame and wasting your time. Your house is AWESOME! Not only the house itself, but your neighborhood. It is classic, clean, open, and Southern at its finest. I miss the streets without sidewalks, large front lawns, tall trees, open air, porch swings, brick homes, and smooth Southern accents like no one's business. In fact, I've been telling Meg for a while now how much I would love to move north of Atlanta. Soak it up!
Oh, give Piggly Wiggly a try. It's expensive and cramped, but they have every crazy Southern food you can think of. AND you get to think about Drivin' Miss Daisy the whole time.
I miss it . . . a lot.
Congrats, friend. You guys deserve this.
Post a Comment