Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made of....

I'm back from the ultimate girl's weekend. All the boys in the family have been in South America for two weeks hiking Patagonia, so the girl's decided to have our own fun. We left for New York City early Thursday morning. We got in, freshened up and went to dinner at this yummy Italian restaurant.
Erin primping before dinner.
After dinner we went to.....the Lion King! The costumes were a.m.a.z.i.n.g.
The next day we shopping. Our first stop was the NBA store to see if we could find presents for our husbands. They had these molds where you could compare your handprint to famous NBA players.
I think my hand is a little smaller than Shaq's.
Dirk Nowitzki could eat me.
Next stop......H & M!!
Poor Rach is six months pregnant and not too interested in shopping. She chilled out in the dressing room eating a fruit bowl. Thanks for being a good sport!
That night we saw my favorite....Wicked! The last time I saw Wicked was in 2004, so I had forgotten a lot. It was spectacular! I get chills every time I hear Defying Gravity.
Fiyero!!!!!
Sporting our ridiculously overpriced Wicked t-shirts.
Kalli is part camel. This girl pounded one of these huge bottles of water every night.
Chocolate cupcakes....the breakfast of champions. Pretty sure I look like I have hydrocephaly in this picture.
The next day we split up. Kalli, Rachel, and Erin went to see Mama Mia while my mom and I saw "The Addams Family". Bebe Neuworth played Mortisha and Nathan Lane played Gomez. So good!
Times Square

That night we went to see Mary Poppins. It was fantastic! I highly recommend it to anyone. I had a huge grin on my face the whole show. My mom managed to get us front row seats so we could see every little facial feature of the performers.


Feeling a little crazy in our hotel room.
The last day we were there we went to church at the Manhattan 1st ward. It's so weird to walk into a high rise building, have the elevator doors open and walk into a typical Mormon church setting. The people were so friendly. After church we hopped in a pedicab for a ride around Central Park. Our pedicab drivers were really cool guys.
They dropped us off at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, where we browsed for the rest of the afternoon.
What a fabulous four days. It was so fun to get to spend time with these incredible girls. Thanks mom for making it happen!! We love you so much!

9 comments:

Meggera said...

So So jealous! Glad you got to see those shows... all are wonderful!(well, I can't really say that about Addams Family.. haven't seen it) What a fun time with the girls!

Meags said...

i am jealous too! love love love new york! H&M on every block = heaven! looks like you girls had SO much fun! cute pictures!

Julia M. said...

Unbelievable. Does your family need one more sister? I'd love to join! :)

That sounds so fun. I hope I get to see you soon!

Lacey said...

I think everyone viewing your blog must be jealous. How fun for you guys!

Mike and Erin Hale said...

Laura!!! I'm gonna kill you! Seriously? You put that picture of me on FB too. I'm gonna get the toilet picture from Rach and put it on here. That picture of me is foul and should be burned. Love you though!!

Mike and Erin Hale said...

Remember when that sacry homeless guy came up and started rapping in your face? Hahahahahaha.

Janel said...

What a BLAST!!! That really is the ultimate girl weekend. Oh how I would love to see wicked again. Post pics of the boys trip, I would love to see.

Mike & Andrea said...

Oh my goodness Love it! You made me realize how much I've been craving a dose of NYC lately... so glad you had a good time! Isn't it the best city ever!?

The Littlest Moons said...

SO SO So fun!! I just went to Wicked and I always cry! And I totally understand the joy of H & M, only one thing... next time tell your darling mother to fly to all to London! Then I could join in!? Glad you had a great time. Jared and I are TOTALLY envious of Jordan, Patagonia--awesome! (that is my husbands dream in life!)