Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Lucy!!!

That's right. My baby turned one yesterday. It's funny how conflicting parenting can be. On the one hand, I love watching all of the new things Lucy is learning. On the other, I feel kind of sad that she is growing so fast. I was trying to explain to Jordan how I felt kind of sad that Lucy was growing so fast, and he wasn't quite getting it. I asked him, "Do you remember what she was like at one month? Five months? Ten months?!? Well, I don't." Even though we take lots of pictures and video, we can only capture a glimpse of what our baby was like at each stage. I guess that's why we have more, right? Enough with the morose, onto the celebration! We had a great birthday party last night for Lucy. All great-grandparents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, or cousins (of Lucy's) that live close by came. We had a great dinner, then let Lucy go to town with a chocolate cupcake.


Frosting cupcakes


The final result: one messy baby!

With Papa Walker
Cousin Emma
Lucy with her Hale and Parker great-grandparents. Not long after Jordan and I started dating, we discovered that our grandpas had served in the same bishopric in Bountiful. Small world.

Happy Birthday Lucy, we love you!!!

12 comments:

Janae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janae said...

Laura! Lucy is just so stinking cute! It looks like you guys had a fun little party. It's hard to believe she is already one!!!

Julia M. said...

She really went to town on that cupcake! Go Lucy!

Hayden said...

Too stinkin' cute!! She is adorable- even covered in chocolate!!

Sandra and Brent said...

What a party! What a summer! Great couple of posts, Laura. What will the rest of the summer bring? Mom

jakenapril said...

happy happy birthday dear, sweet lucy! i can't believe she's already 1. dang. but those cupcakes...who could resist? :)

jakenapril said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah said...

Happy birthday Lucy! I know what you mean about it being a little bitter-sweet, kind of sad to see your baby grow up.... and I think husband generally don't totally understand that anyway:) It's a mommy thing...

Janel said...

Happy birthday little Lucy. Looks like she LOVED the cup cake. Love the picture that shows just how messy she got.

Steve and Kalli said...

Happy Birthday Lucy!!! I can't believe she's a year old- Steve and I have missed most of it! Hopefully we'll be close(r) soon. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks

Brandi said...

Laura... Your little girl is seriously adorable!! I am glad I found your blog, now I can see what you are up too! I miss talking to you, we need to do a lunch date ASAP!!!

Jen said...

Happy birthday to Lucy! I can't believe she is that old! I love how messy she got! Kaysia wouldn't touch her cupcake! You look beautiful bytheway!