*Christmas with the Hales--My parents and Annie spent Christmas in Minnesota, so we celebrated Christmas here in Utah on the 20th. This was the night that we announced our pregnancy to my family. We made my parents calendars on Jordan's computer, and wrote, "Laura's baby due" on August 11th. My dad flipped through the calendar quickly and was done looking at it. (Shocker) My mom was flipping through carefully, and when she reached August I said casually, "Check out the August birthdays". My mom said, "We don't have August birthdays" and kept flipping through. When I made her go back to the August page she finally saw our little note and started crying.
*Christmas with the Walkers--We moved a bunch of clothes over to the Walker's where we spent the entire holiday break. While I missed my family, it was SO nice to stay one place over the break. We had such a great time with Jordan's family (minus the fact that I was throwing up seven times a day). We had planned to tell Jordan's family using calendars as well, but I was so sick that we had to tell them a couple of days before Christmas. They were so excited too. We were so excited about telling our families our good news, that we weren't even that excited for Christmas. Christmas was wonderful as usual this year though.
Jordan holding our new niece Abbi Walker.
*Clark & Michelle's Wedding--Jordan's brother, Clark, got married two days after Christmas. He married Michelle Gilmore, an awesome girl from my parent's ward. We're so happy that she's part of the family now. Their wedding day was perfect (although a little cold). Congrats you guys!
Freezing their little butts off.
The Walker sibs.
*New Year's Eve--Our friend's got together on New Year's and had a smashing good time. I had to post this picture of our friend, Scott, because he looks so "happy". Enjoy.
*McCall Trip--We headed to McCall with the Walkers over Martin Luther King Day weekend. This year was a little disappointing for me, because there was perfect snowboarding conditions and I couldn't go. Sob. Everyone else had a great time on the slopes. Two and a half year old Emma went skiing for the first time and LOVED it. She was so cute on her little skis, and she skied amazingly well. Our kids will have big shoes to fill.
I feel so much better now that I'm caught up. I'll discuss pregnancy stuff in another post.
5 comments:
Laur, so fun! Your parents are beautiful people. And I can't believe how much Jordan's brothers look like him. You had such a busy/fun break! I can't believe I didn't even hear about McCall, even though I saw you the next day! It was so awesome to go to lunch with you. You are one of my favorite people. No question!
Whoa! Looks like you had a super busy, super awesome break. I love how you announced your pregnancy to the fam. Wish I would have known cause I would've copied you. I am due the day after you! Can you believe it? I wish we could be in the same state to get fat and have babies together!
What a fun way to announce your pregnancy! Sorry to hear you've been so sick. I hope you start feeling better soon.
Yes, 17 days. Eeek! Ammon & I are excited and nervous. I'm not sure we're really ready. Newborns can be a lot of work! I don't think Grace knows what's about to hit her. I hope she takes it well. :)
Laura, I have missed your posts! I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better, I felt so bad for you the whole time we were there!!!! But we still had a ton of fun anyways! We miss you guys already!
I can't believe Emma skied? That's nuts! I would love to have been there. When Scott hears this he'll have a new goal for our future kids, they'll be on the slopes before they can walk....
Post a Comment