Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lucy's New Bed...

After a fun, exhausting, LONG trip to Utah, we flew home on July 6th.  Jordan was not able to book his flight until long after us, so we ended up on different flights.  I was nervous again to fly with Lucy by myself because of my back, but everything went pretty smoothly.  Lucy slept the entire first flight, which was blessed. The second flight she was a little more tired/whiny but overall did pretty well.  Things were not so great once we reached Atlanta, however.  I was extremely motion sick when we landed and my back was hurting horribly.  I then had to wrangle my overtired toddler to the baggage claim.  I needed help hefting our heavy luggage onto a cart and luckily found some nice people to help me.  At this point I received a text from Jordan informing me that his flight was majorly delayed and that he hadn't even left Denver yet.  The original plan was for Lucy and I to wait for Jordan at the airport and then we would drive home together in a car my cousin had parked for us.  I decided it probably be best for Lucy and I to just drive home and then go pick Jordan up when his flight came in three hours later.  The only problem was....I didn't know where the car was.  Supposedly, there was a "dropped pin" to let me know via GPS where the car was, but it wasn't working.  I found myself in 102 plus degree heat (plus humidity) pushing a huge, heavy cart of luggage aimlessly around the airport parking garage with my toddler.  I was tired, in pain, hot, and stressed.  I finally broke down and started bawling, because I didn't know what else to do.  I found an airport gargage worker and she could see that I was in a bad way.  She told me about a courtesy car that would take me around to find my car.  In the meantime, I finally got ahold of my cousin who told me specifically where the car was.  The courtesy car pulled up and a very nice man helped me load all my luggage in the car and then drove me in his beautifully air-conditioned car to where my car was parked.  I had been wandering around the completely wrong lot.  I would have been there all day!  I was so thankful for his help!  Lucy fell asleep the second we started driving home and slept for the next three hours.  Then we went and picked Jordan up.  Oh boy.

The next day was Saturday and we decided that it was finally time to put Lucy in a big girl bed.  A family in our ward was selling these bunk beds for a great price, so we snagged them.  We spent Saturday shopping for mattresses and bedding, and then put everything together.  

One last picture in front of her crib.

Her new big girl bed!!


She was so excited when we set up her bed.  She did really well falling asleep the first night, but woke up at 3:00 AM disoriented.  She called for Jordan every 10 minutes for two hours until she finally fell asleep.  The next night she was a little anxious to fall asleep, but finally did.  The last few nights she has done great!  I can't believe my baby is potty trained and sleeping in a bed.  Where has the time gone??

3 comments:

Julia M. said...

Oh, Laur, the exhaustion of pregnancy/traveling/pain is overwhelming. I had to sit down in the aisle at home depot because I was so exhausted, and it didn't include a cranky toddler, crazy heat, traveling or excessive pain. I'm so glad you were taken care of, you dear, dear lady!

Lucy is so big and her bed is darling! I can't believe how fast time goes.

Janel said...

That is a big mile stone for Lucy! Those are awesome bunk beds.

So sorry about your experience, that sounds awful. I am glad you got some help and made it home.

Loved all your Utah post! It looked like a blast...of course:).

Mike-Jami-Bridger-Foster said...

Hey Laur, sorry about your horrible experience!! I had kind of the same experience on my way home from NC. Flying by myself with all 3 kids and torn ligaments in my foot and ankle. No Fun!

Your family is so darn cute! I was sad we missed seeing you guys when you were in town. Maybe next time. I loved looking at all your fun pics of LP and with the Walkers. You all are a great family. You guys were missed at the reunion this year.