Sunday, June 3, 2012

For Our Moms....

So, I honestly don't expect anyone to care about this post except our moms.  Both have requested that I send some pictures of our yard and especially of my flower pots.  Flowers do very well in the humid climate of Georgia.  



 The trailing petunias were overtaking everything in the pots, so I ended up tearing some of them out.  Here is what the pots looked like before I thinned the petunias.
 The Creeping Myrtle reached over three feet long before I cut it back.

 Everyone here uses pine straw as a ground cover.  It's much cheaper than bark, and keeps the weeds back.  I wasn't a big fan of pine straw at first, but it's growing on me.
 There you go mother(s).

1 comment:

Sandra and Brent said...

Thanks for posting photos of the beautiful pots. They are, indeed, prolific! Also thanks for finally posting a pregnancy "bump" photo! You look great. The staycation looks like it was a resounding success. I'm so excited to see you guys on Thursday. Much love. Mom