Monday, April 12, 2010

Girl's Week in McCall....

Lucy and I are back from a Walker girl's (+ dad) trip to McCall. John, Kathy, Jenny, Jessica, Emma, Abbi, Lucy and I left Tuesday afternoon and got home Saturday night. Jessica and I left our poor husbands at home (because they couldn't take the time off work and school). It's funny how much the Walker family has changed in the last 4 years. The girls definitely out number the boys now! Anyway, McCall is beautiful (albeit frozen) this time of year. There were HUGE snow piles everywhere and the lake is still completely frozen over. We spent a lot of time watching episodes of 'Bones', playing cards, going for long walks, and eating good food. One afternoon we went to Gold Fork hot springs, which has severals pools that get successively cooler. One of the pools has sand and is the perfect temperature for kids. The girls had such a good time splashing each other and playing in the water. As usual I took lots of pictures.


Playing Memory
The Papa Bear of the trip.
Jess and Abbi reading.
I bought these great lift-the-flap Peekaboo books for Lucy for Easter. All the girls LOVED them. It was fun to read together.
Aunt Jenny extraordinaire. Jenny was so helpful to husbandless Jessica and I.
I brought my exercise ball to do my back exercises with. This is Emma showing me how to back exercises her way.
Lucy and Abbi have a special bond. Abbi is seven months older than Lucy, but she watches out for her. If Lucy's binky falls Abbi is the first to pick it up and put it back in Lucy's mouth. These two are always hugging and kissing each other. Abbi is even good to share toys with Lucy. I've never seen anything like it. I love my nieces!!
Lucy and Grandma.
Jessica and I discovered that not only had we purchased the same pajamas for our girls, but that we had packed them. Photo op!!!!
Things started getting a little crazy.
Beautiful girls.
At Gold Fork.
Little Lucy Potter in her cupboard under the stairs. I thought that Lucy was an amazing sleeper. While she is a good sleeper, she is also a very LIGHT sleeper. The first two nights she was sleeping in a pack-n-play next to my bed. Every time I would shift in bed, she would wake up and cry. After two nights of neither of us getting any sleep, I put her in the storage closet next to my room. She slept, I slept, everyone was happy.
Lastly, Lucy discovered she loves french fries and chocolate shakes this week. uh-oh.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Lucy is so adorable, she reminds me of a cabbage patch doll in the best way possible! Hope all is well!

Jillian said...

What a fun week! How nice that you had so much help with Lucy, even without Jordan there. I love it when that happens!

Hale-O There said...

luc looks so much like emma! sounds like a fun time, girls time is always refreshing.

Jen said...

I love love love Lucy's hair! She is so freaking cute!

Laura Essig said...

yay, laura I am so glad i found your blog. I have a question for you... my sister wants to go into speech pathology.. is that what you got your masters in?? my blog is loganandlaura.blogspot.com

Mike and Erin Hale said...

Glad to see she finally got to wear Abbies old swimsuit. She looks adorable in it. By the way, I'm gonna french braid her hair when I come.

Sandra and Brent said...

I'm not sure why I didn't comment on this post the first time I read through it. I loved seeing the photos from your trip with the Walker girls. I LOVE that family. The girls are so cute together in their matching purple jammies. Love ya, Mom