We were so lucky to have Jordan's mom with us until October 4th, but then she had to go home. After a four day lapse, my mom flew into town on the 8th. She had scheduled her flights months ago to be here for my scheduled c-section on the 11th. It was SO great to have her here with us from the 8th until the 28th. I had hoped to go and do all sorts of things, but I was quickly reminded how exhausting having a new baby is. By the time I slept in (after a long night of feedings), got up, got myself ready, got Lucy ready, fed Charlie (a couple of times), and ate breakfast it would be noon. Lucy still needs a nap every day at 2:00, so we didn't get out as much as I had planned. I had to learn to be more realistic in my expectations and just enjoy the time I had to spend with my mom. Instead of long outings we spent a lot of time at home reading books, watching movies, baking, talking, going for walks, and coloring. It was so nice to have my mom pick up where Kathy left off, and do my grocery shopping and cooking. Lucy loved being Grandma's sous chef.
She was pretty obsessed with Grandma's iPad.
The best part of having moms in town, is being able to catch a few more hours of sleep. It was MUCH appreciated. Especially in the middle of the night.
My mom brought Lucy this darling owl skirt, and Lucy wanted to wear it everyday.
While Jordan and I went on a date for his birthday, my mom let Lucy feed Charlie. How cute is this picture?
More baking with Grandma.
One Sunday afternoon while she was here, we took a walk on a beautiful trail near the Kennesaw Battlefield site.
The selfish part of me LOVED having my mom all to myself for so long. She is one of my very best friends. I love the advice she gives, and her ability to "normalize" my feelings/experiences. Thanks for coming mom!! Love and miss you!!!
1 comment:
Cutest picture I have ever seen of Lucy feeding Charlie! Holy darling!
And I love reading about all those die-hard Cougar fans. It makes my day, in fact. :)
Post a Comment