Monday, November 8, 2010

A Fresh Perspective...

It's Monday, and I'm feeling better about life. I'm no longer throwing up, so I think I only had the 24 hour bug. I'm actually feeling very grateful righ now. I asked Jordan to give me a blessing, and I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for the priesthood. He promised me in the blessing (among other things) that I would find comfort in the scriptures. Today I have been catching up on Personal Progress (I am the Beehive Advisor in my ward), specifically on the value of Divine Nature. Part of the value experience is to read a list of scriptures that mention divine qualities. Some of the qualities included patience, long-suffering, charity, compassion, virtue, and enduring to the end. As I read these qualities, I asked myself, "What am I learning from my current health challenges? Am I cultivating divine qualities or impeding my eternal progress with my poor attitude?" I have been so busy feeling sorry for myself that I have looked past all the beautiful blessings in my life. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that blesses me with challenges so I can stretch, grow, and learn to rely on Him daily. I am determined to change my attitude and find happiness despite my less-than-ideal circumstances. You heard me.

6 comments:

Danny and Shalayne said...

you are amazing. wishing you the best!

Julia M. said...

I love you Laur, in all your emotions!

patti said...

I have to admit in the last email when i got to the part "I have an extra bone in my foot"....I just started laughing. It's insane how many health fiascos your little family has been through! Good luck...love you guys!

Jen said...

Oh laura. When it rains it pours hey? I can't say I know exactly how you feel but this time last fall I was going through quite a bit as well and it is so hard to keep your chin up. I kept thinking that things would never get better. But alas a year later those things are far behind and a new me has emerged. Its amazing what our trials do to us. Heavenly Father definitely knows what we need to experience to become the best versions of ourselves. Good luck and I will be praying for you. oh and if you aren't doing so already you really should take a probiotic for the yeast and diarrhea from the antibiotics/steroids. it will help.

Sandra and Brent said...

That's my girl! So happy that life is looking better for you, Laura. Good for you. Love, Mom

Hale-O There said...

I feel ya. And I'm sooo glad you're my sister in law!