Sunday, November 8, 2009

Blessings, Baby Showers, and Piggy Tails

I figured it was about time I posted pictures of Lucy's baby blessing on November 1st. Since our sacrament meeting is last, I asked Annie to stay home with me and help me get Lucy ready. I had everything timed so that I would feed her, get her dressed and then head down to the church. Everything was going smoothly until I picked Lucy up to burp her, and she threw up all over herself. "Not a big deal," I told myself. "I'll just wipe her down with baby wipes." After giving her a thorough wipe-down, I picked her up to get her dressed. Once again, she threw up all over herself. At this point I knew I was in trouble, because Lucy now had an empty stomach and I was out of milk. I frantically got some frozen milk defrosting and attempted to clean Lucy up for the second time so I could put her in her dress. Needless to say, we barely made it to sacrament on time. Lucy was fussy all through the opening song and prayer and even as Jordan was carrying her to the front to be blessed. Jordan's dad told me later that Lucy went to start crying in the circle, but made eye contact with him and began cooing. She was happy through the entire blessing, thank heaven! Jordan gave her a beautiful blessing, and it was a great day. My dad took some pictures after church.
I love how she squints one eye when she smiles!


The dress came with a bonnet that I thought was cute. Jordan informed me that she would NOT be wearing it to church. Oh well, at least we got some cute pictures.

Our happy girl.



She looks just like Jordan in this picture.
On Saturday my close girl friends threw me a belated baby shower. It was originally planned for the week before Lucy was born, but then I had her early. We finally managed to all get together and it was so fun! I LOVE these girls.
Lucy fell asleep on me at the shower. Is there anything better? Pure bliss.
Lucy hanging out with her Aunt Jen. Jen is going to have her baby in two weeks.
The princess of the party.

So, I decided to try giving Lucy piggy tails--heaven knows she has enough hair! Here was the result...
Pretty cute, eh? This was after we took the pig tails out.
This last picture is too cute not to post. We went out in the morning and she had busted out of her swaddle-me blanket. Look how pleased she is with herself. Little stinker!

10 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

Great post, Laura! The title is really cute . . . where ever did you get the idea, hmmm? I love the photo of you with all your girlfriends and some of their little ones. The picture of Stinkerbelle busting out of her swaddle is priceless. Love ya, Mom

edwardsfamily said...

I love those pictures, especially the one of you, Jordan, and Lucy. What a cute family!

Julia M. said...

I love everything about her! And you! I'm glad the blessing turned out so well, and that you're having so much fun with your precious baby. She's growing pretty quickly, isn't she?

Jillian said...

Oh, I hate it when they figure out how to break out of the swaddle! Good luck with that. The picture of her with pig tails is so stinkin' cute!!! And I agree about having babies fall asleep on you...pure bliss. That was a fun post. I hope going to work is getting easier.

Camille said...

Laura those blessing pictures are adorable! Glad the girls gave you a shower and hope you got some great stuff. You have some great friends! Hope work is going well...I'm sure it was and is an adjustment. Glad all is well!

Chrissy said...

I am so jealous of the piggy tails, she is just too cute for words. My poor follicle-y challenged baby is almost a year and nowhere near pigtails. sigh. She looked absolutely beautiful in her blessing dress. Congratulations on all those fun milestones.

Jen said...

she looks so cute with pigtails! It was so fun to see you and everyone at the shower! I really miss my girl time! We should find more reasons to hang out more often!

Hale-O There said...

I love the last pic of Lucy, her smile is so cute. She has such a variety of facial expressions. Luc is so lucky she has so much hair- what a babe! she got it from her mama...

Mike and Erin Hale said...

OMG!!! I love that little nugget. She is totally the cutest. Can't wait to see her again. Love you!

Baden Fox said...

My heavens, she has so much hair! William didn't have that much hair until... he still doesn't. The pumpkin costumes are darling!