Is there anything better than being together with family? I say not. My brother Mike is halfway through a 4-year oral surgery residency in Minnesota, so my family hasn't been all together since Steve and Kalli's wedding two years ago. Even then, we were only together for 24 hours, because that was all the time that Mike was allowed to take off. Well, a week ago everyone flew into town for a week-long Lake Powell trip including Mike and Erin (and their kids Abbie, Landon, and Noah) and Steve and Kalli from Boston. I got to meet my cute, six-month-old nephew, Noah, for the first time. It was so fun to be together as a family at Powell. Given my current pregnant state, I wasn't able to participate in the boating activities. I still had a great time though. It was so nice to just float in the water and take some of the pressure off my back. The sciatica is back in full force for my last trimester. Oh well, you can do anything for 2 months, right? I can't believe that I am 30 weeks pregnant. I would like to say that the time has flown, but it really hasn't. While I was in Lake Powell, my belly went through another growth spurt. I REALLY look pregnant now. Luckily I have only 5 more days of work--oh the joys of working in the public schools! There are so many pictures that I want to post from the last week, but I'll try to contain myself. While there were a lot of cute Lake Powell pictures, the ones that I'm interested in posting are of a photo shoot we had the day everyone came into town. I'm not thrilled that we had family pictures taken while I am seven months pregnant, but I guess it's hard to get pictures without somebody being pregnant. I took one for the team this time.
10 comments:
Love being with family too!! You look fabulous Laura!! I felt the same way by about 30 weeks...pregnancy is sooo long! How come no one ever told us that? I wish I could say the last 10 go by fast but really...it's more of the same. Atleast those last few weeks you can really start putting things together and have some real anticipation...which hopefully will put you into labor! :) Good luck with it all!
You are a beautiful pregnant woman! Seriously. That is so fun that your fam was able to get together. I know how it is when you only get to see your family once a year or whatever. I love your family. I am so excited that you'll be done working soon, you need to live it up and relax. You look fabulous like I said before and good luck with these next 10 weeks.
heather
Laura, this kind of made me teary-eyed. Look at those blue eyes of your niece! And the joy in all your faces just because you're together. You are a SUPER darling pregnant girl, and I hope you get to be together soon. I can't wait to hear about Lake Powell!
I absolutely love those pictures! You have such a good looking family! And you honestly look amazing Laura! It is still so weird for me to see you pregnant...I don't know why! I guess part of me feels like we should still be 17 reading Anita Stansfield in your loft...not mothers of other human beings! But alas we are and I can't wait to see your baby girl!
First off, I love your family and miss you guys (awesome pics of everyone). Second off, so many good memories with you guys at powell, and lastly congratulations for almost being done with your first year of work, and you look so cute prego! The last 10 weeks are going to go way fast.
Darling pictures of a great family! You look stunning Laura...and so very tiny. Take it easy on your back!!
Glad you had a great time with your family. Lake Powell sounds just fabulous right now. Enjoy your LAST day of work for the school year!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the family pictures! Everyone looks so great! And for the record, you don't even look pregnant in the pictures. I miss you ALL so much!
Laura I'm definitely stalking you online right now and am embarrassed to admit it. But that family picture of you guys is ADORABLE, I couldn't help but comment. The Hale family sure has grown, and Landon is absolutely classic in the one of the whole clan. I couldn't help but laugh. Anyway, I can't wait for you to have your baby...even though I probably won't even see her for who knows how long...but it will still be exciting for you guys. haha Good Luck! Beat up that little sister of yours for me.
I love your family too! Those are beautiful pictures! You look great!
Mary
Post a Comment