Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Behold, My Future....

After waiting rather impatiently all summer, I FINALLY have my job assignment for the fall. I will be working at Hannah Holbrook Elementary School....


.....and Millcreek Junior High.

I couldn't be more excited! At Holbrook I will have 30 kids on my caseload and I will get to work with a preschool, and at Millcreek I get to work with 8-10 special needs kids. Both schools are less three miles from my house, which considering the rising fuel costs, is pretty nice. I am so happy to finally practice what I went to school for. Yay for getting paid!

14 comments:

Kierst said...

Congratulations! Are these the schools you were hoping for? Yea for finding jobs and yea for making money (finally!).

Bethany said...

yahoo!!! good work! can't wait to see you at lindseys shin diggy. :)

edwardsfamily said...

Woohoo!! Yay for you!! Have you done the fingerprinting and hr stuff yet? Give me a call and we can talk!!

Steve and Kalli said...

Yeah Laura! I'm excited for you... I wish I was done with school like you :)

Natalie said...

Yay Laura, it sounds like you have the perfect job awaiting you in the fall. Those kids are all going to LOVE you.

Camie said...

That sounds like a great assignment. I got my first paycheck the other day from Alpine and it is a nice feeling! I'll be at the assessment center on Mondays and then at an Elementary Tues-Fridays, so I think it'll be a good set up. We start so early, like the beginning of August with training and everything, does Davis do that too? It's gonna come quick!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! Isn't it nice to move on with life after years of school! Hope all goes well!

The Andrews said...

Congrats! I attended kindergarten at Hannah Holbrook, you are going to be a great teacher!

Haley Hale said...

Congratulations on your job! Miss you guys!

Julia M. said...

Sweet! That sounds great. I hope you love it. I know the kids will just love you. Have you worked at a junior high? You'll be surprised at how different it is than the elementary. It's great, though! I miss you!

Janel said...

That's so NICE you live so close to where your going to work. I had to drive 30 minutes to get to my school last year. I am so happy for you! Your going to do AWESOME!

Shay said...

I didn't know that??? Well good for you!!! Hope you have a good time there.

lots of love

Shayla Smoot

Meags said...

congrats! yay for you! that is so awesome! you are going to be so good ... the kids will LOVE you!

Mike-Jami-Bridger-Foster said...

Sweet schools! I went to Millcreek Jr. You'll be awesome! We missed you guys up in Jackson. We'll have to get together soon. Call us!