We just got home last night from a Hale family vacation to Yosemite, California. You would think that being in California we would all have nice tans by now, right? Well, let's just say that we didn't see much of the sun. In fact, it rained the WHOLE time. Despite the rain, we had a great time in Yosemite. We hiked some beautiful trails up to the most gorgeous waterfalls, rafted the Tuolumne River, and visited the Mariposa Grove Redwood forest. Sorry for the length of the post, but I took so many great pictures!
On Saturday we ran the Tuolumne River. It was only 40 degrees and pouring rain the whole time, but it was SO FUN!! As an incentive to get good grades, my dad has been taking my family on river trips since I was in ninth grade. This was my third time running the Tuolumne River and it was as big as ever!
This would be moments before my little body hit the freezing cold, glacier-fed river water. Yes, I fell in twice.....in the rapids.....I have bruises. I pretty much had hypothermia until my dad gave me his fleece to wear under my splash jacket.
The four-way spoon while watching 'Disturbia' in our yurt.
The crew. This year marked the 20th year of Hale-May Memorial Day vacations. Go team!
The hike up to Nevada Falls. There were over 600 stairs. My legs were BURNING!
Scott cooking breakfast in his speedo. I apologize for the indecency.
The Mariposa Grove Sequoias. Worth the drive!
We had a great time in Yosmite!
16 comments:
Laura! That looks absolutely amazing!! Ben and I wish we had gone with you. Wow. I love your face when you are going through the rapids. :) I'm glad you finally warmed up! What a blast. I would love to talk to you soon! I'll have to stop by after I start working up in Bountiful (only a week and a half). I'm finally done with my externship tomorrow. What about you?
Hey guys... found your blog from Rach and Scott's. Looks like a blast in CA. We all need to go boating or on a bike ride sometime. Congrats on graduating by the way.
Note to self: never fall in rapid water when raining outside. What a fun trip?! You have the most adorable family Laura. Tell everyone HI!
Fun! So wish we could have gone! Your pictures are awesome. Could have done without the one of Scott though. I've just barely gotten over the indecent pictures of them in Europe. EWWW! I'm gonna have nightmares tonight.
What a fun trip! I have similar pictures of the entire right side of the raft being taken out by a wave on the Snake River outside of Jackson, WY. I was one of the ones that got to go swimming. :) Our water was cold, but I don't think it was as cold as yours! I can't believe you're wearing sandals either! And what is it with Hale men and speedos?
hey laura, it's alicia kitchen from the fabulous 6th ward! i saw your blog on rachel's. we keep saying we need to get together with you guys and have a game night or something, so we'll make it for real one of these days!
how fun you guys went there! Rain or shine you look like you had a blast.
Can your family adopt me? You guys have the most amazing vacations and most family fun of anyone I know...plus, no psychotic stories to tell of family blow ups and you all still love each other! That looks like so much fun.
Great pics! It looks like you had a fabulous time. Enjoy these fun times together.
I love your pictures.. It looks so beautiful there. I love the pic of your brother(I think it's your bro) in his short shorts.. lol..
fun fun fun! i don't know how you could possibly be "jealous" of my little trip ... come on! you just had one and another coming up in like 30 days! must be rough!:) i am jealous of you! the thought of going on a cruise though right now makes me want to throw up. gotta love being prego! i am glad you had a great time and you all made it home safely!
Looks like it was an awesome vacation. Jaxson and I have been wanting to take a trip there for a long time. Maybe someday... I know these are a bit late, but congratulations on all of the momentous milestones: masters degree, 2-year anniversary. Looks like you guys are doing great!
That looks so cool to go too and what a pretty site! But Scott in that swimsuit, not such a pretty site!
Shayla Smoot
Hey! It's fun to see how many couples there are from VHS, that means we had an awesome group! I'm glad you found our bog, I love to see what people are up to these days! By the way, congrats on the masters! That's is great!
Wow...you guys went river raftiing. I have always wanted to go it looks like you had fun...sorry about the Cali sometimes miss little sunshine doesn't come out!
I am okay with you being a stalker online- if I'd seen the link to yours first I'd be the one leaving the comment- looks like your summer plans are a little more exciting than mine and it's fun to hear (*read*) your version of the Hale family trips....
Post a Comment