It began a week ago Friday. I came home from work and felt "out of sorts". The next morning I woke up with a sore throat, and then Saturday night it hit me like a ton of bricks--the dreaded flu!! I have never been so sick in my entire life! Let's just say I have been puking, coughing, fevering, and it feels like someone took a cheese grater to the back of my throat. It's been over a week and I still feel awful. I attempted to go back to work on Friday, only to come home and sleep for almost 20 hours. Since coming down with this death bug I've had ample time to think, and I've come up with a list of things that I realized I take for granted when I'm healthy.
1) Breathing: I miss the days in which I could take a deep breath in through my nose without whistling. I fluctuate between two different conditions. Either both nostrils are so plugged that no amount of air could possibly creep through, or one nostril is plugged up to my brain and the other nostril is as dry as the Sahara and burns every time I breathe in.
2) Eating: I truly believe that I have eaten over 600 pieces of unbuttered toast this week. While this wards off the nausea, it is doing a real number on my bowels. I'll spare you the details. I dream of cheese. Lots of cheese.
3) Going Outside: I haven't been outside all week. ALL WEEK. I'm starting to feel...a...little...crazy...People are not meant to stay inside.
4) Going to Work: I never thought I'd say this in my life, but I sincerely want to go back to work. I'm not really a lazy person, but I'm not exactly the kind of persons who just LOVES to work. I can honestly say that I'm ready to be productive. Watching movies loses its charm after watching 20 in a row.
For those of you who have managed to avoid the flu, good for you. If you start feeling feverish, achy, and your throat hurts like a mofo, you're in for it. I suggest you get down to Blockbuster, because you're in for the long haul.
11 comments:
Sad! I'm gald I got my sickness over with weeks ago...oh wait I threw up on our trip this weekend. I'm really glad you all are getting your sickness over with before I come...now we cam play....or watch movies. Love you!
I happened to be eating my lunch when I read that "cheese grater to the back of my throat" analogy. Needless to say, I almost heaved the half-digested contents of my stomach onto my computer. Spot on.
The only thing keeping me from an onslaught of cusses is my current status in Lent; however I know who you feel. Last Tuesday out of NOWHERE I feel like little animals are DRILLING from the inside out in my BRAIN! It continued all night and all i could do was sit there and hope for death to set in quickly. Megs, bless her heart, tried to help, but even the slight stimulation of her rubbing my leg made me want to last out and then, again, die. I thought I was feeling better wednesday, BUT NO! Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were full of spitting ACID, migraines, sore throat, and "THE HRAINS FROM HELL!" (You get ma drift!) I am sorry you have been in so much pain. It is NO GOOD. Oh and yes Alton Brown on the Food Network can only be SO interesting, but I never tire from How It's Made on the Discovery Channel. Imagine that? I can watch a piece of sheet metal being bent into shapes again and again and never weary.
You make me laugh always, but I'm sorry to hear that you're so sick! I missed you at class tonight. I hope this awful flu goes away soon! P.S. I love the countdown to graduation.
I am so sad you are sick! You got the worst of the worst! I've lucked out and haven't caught it yet but you've made me appreciate what I have. Here's to you getting better soon!! :)
laura i think you may have cursed me via blog. I read your post yesterday and during the middle of the night i woke up with the worst sore throat I have had in years! Ok ok i admit Kaysia has been sick and it is going around but still...what are the chances. I never get sick. Mommas can't and should never get sick. So although I am not dying or nearly as sick as you are i wanted to say that I have empathy for you. And I will pray for you! ps. are we still going to hang out this weekend?
hola chica! i am writing to tell you that i am very SORRY you have been near "death" the past little while! i pray that i do not get it ... and spring comes ASAP! so, adding to jen's comment ... are we still on for this weekend? if so, i was thinking about inviting greg and meg also! saturday would be best for us if it works for ya'll! let me know ...
hahahahahah ... hey! so that comment above from the Mafi's was really from me! i was just helping my sister-in-law with her blog and we were signed in under her name ... sorry!
So sorry to hear about your tragedy. I just picked up a cold from my sweet little baby, so I feel your pain on the nostril thing. I hope your nostrils, throat, and everything else recover soon.
I am sorry you are so sick. That stinks. Emma got a touch of the flu a few weeks ago, and it was so pitiful and hard to watch. I hope you get better soon! I miss you!
Laura! I am glad to see you have a blog! Send me your email address and I will invite you to mine.
Post a Comment